Monday, December 8, 2014

[ ⊙ ω ⊙ ] portrait transformation

Before:

After: 


Process:

First, I took various photos of my sister and selected one where she was making one of her "derpy" faces.  I wanted to incorporate penguins into the transformation (since they're so cute and fluffy) and decided that my concept would be about the interaction between a normal penguin and a huguin (human + penguin).  I used Photoshop to manipulate the two images, using image adjustments such as color balance and selective color, cropping and erasing, and then liquifying my sister's hair so that it would look more realistic.  Lastly, I placed my sister's head onto the penguin on the right.

This transformation turned out better than I pictured it to be since I was able to liquify her hair instead of just letting the hair look a bit faded like it originally did.  Also, with suggestions from peers I removed the collar of her shirt so that the penguin neck would show through.

All in all, I like the result of the image since it shows the personality of my sister really clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment