Tuesday, November 18, 2014

[ o(╥﹏╥)o ] symbol.gif + project reflection



While using Photoshop, what was the most frustrating aspect of the program and/or project?

The most frustrating aspect of the project was actually trying to come up with a simple, but powerful symbol for the idea of a home.  I was aware that having a home didn't necessarily mean having a physical house, but it was such a challenge to replace the window (which resembles a house) with something even stronger and effective.  Because of this, I had to go back to my original sketch for the symbol, even though it slightly bugged me.

After completing the project, which tools do you feel most confident using?

My level of confidence with all the tools I had to use for this project fairly stayed the same since I self-taught myself the program during freshman year.  However, if I really had to pick one, I would say the marquee tool.  This is because I learned about the different types of selection you can make on a layer (ie. adding/subtracting something to/from your selection).  I never noticed this detail before.

Which tool do you wish you were better at using? Explain why.

I didn't use this tool for this project, but I wish I was better at using the gradient tool.  I have very little experience with gradients in Photoshop since I never had to use them, so I would like to learn more about it and learn how to make really subtle gradients.  Also, when I do want to use the tool, it slightly intimidates me for some unknown reason.

What would you like to create next on Photoshop?

I would like to create book covers or even website layouts!  I've never done those before, so it'd be nice to have some idea of how to do either of these things (in addition to having a rubric so that you can know what you need to improve on).

4 comments:

  1. this gif makes me happy :) it conveys a really nice message and i like how the simple shapes make such a nice motion picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Sky! I feel like this GIF portrays family in such a simple, but strong way :3 Great job! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background really incorporates your theme. A lot of people didn't consider the background but you did, so I commend you! There is also a simplicity to the design yet everything is so neat and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you convey the message of home and how a lonely child can only be happy and have a normal childhood if and only if they are nurtured by their parent.

    ReplyDelete